Monday, December 08, 2014

Sometimes the Gift comes to You

Take some time for yourself during this busy and hectic season.

There are so many events going on - Christmas Cantatas, Luminaries, By Invitation Parties, Club Luncheons, Group Dinners, Tree Lightings, Church programs, Skating Gatherings, Breakfasts, Cookie Exchanges, last minute get-togethers and so much more!  My calendar has been full of invitations for over a month.

It is so lovely to be invited to participate with everyone and I know that i am very blessed.  The Christmas Season is a warm and gentle season filled with Love and Jesus.  

December is also filled with Stress, Frustration, Tears.  There are many things that i truly want to attend and be a part of this Season - i want to do EVERYTHING.  However, i've decided that i will attend only that event that i feel led to attend.  And everything else i'm going to have to step back from and say "No, thank you."

Saturday night - i came home after a busy day and relaxed.  There were several events that were planned - but i decided that i needed to stay home and take some time for myself.  I read some, checked my emails and talked with a friend on the phone.


While i was on the phone i received an unexpected gift - i saw a parade of boats going by my window all lit up with holiday lights.  I jumped up from my chair, told my friend i'd call her back and ran outside with my camera.  There they were, slowly riding by all lit up and singing Christmas Carols and yelling out "Merry Christmas!".  Wow!  Afterwards, i called my friend back and shared it with her.

Sometimes when you take a moment to relax and destress the Gift comes to YOU.

No comments: