Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Intimate and yet divided by miles

My Minister refers to it as the "church of facebook".  Which is at once funny and basically true at the same time.

Today for example i found these posts - and they were a great beginning to my wonderful day.

The first one i saw was that a friend of mine J. had arrived safely in Seoul, Korea - she travels all the time and all over the world (i told her i'd be her luggage girl when i retire) - but it is always a relief to see these little posts here and there - confirming her next stop along her journey.

Then i saw this little poster from L. and it made me think about the post that i'd written yesterday about being myself.  And i thought, yeah - when did i learn to put on this mask - and be something other than me?  So my quest is going to be to surround myself with people, not just one person, but lots of people (my tribe as some of us call it), so that i will stop pretending to be anything other than what i am.  Love.  An expression of love.  As i said warts and all.

And then i saw another post about depression from J. and how so many, many people deal with this everyday.  I was at a meeting yesterday and there was a discussion about depression and how we'd had a guest speaker come and speak on the subject - and how so many people that attended responded to the discussion.  They loved having someone talk to them about it.  And as a byproduct - it was being discussed last night to bring the person back and/ or to have a special discussion series on depression.  Love shows up everywhere.

And then another post about love.  One of my favorite topics.  I feel inspired by this quote from Thich Nhat Hanh.  There is passion and depth and potential in these 14 words.  Isn't this what we want?  Just to love and to give love with no strings.  Why is there so much guilt in love?  I just want to love without people getting the "wrong idea".  By that i mean - when i smile at people - some people just smile back and accept the smile.  Other's will come over and say, with a smirk and a lear, "Hey baby, what's going on?" Ugh.  I'm just smiling.....

There are some people that i feel this unconditional love with that i just want to hug them and kiss them so much, we merge.  A friend of mines grandson said something to her one day when he was 4 or 5 - young.  He said, "Cha Cha, did you feel me?"  She asked him what he meant.  He said, "I flew out of my mouth into your body and kissed your heart, did you feel me?"  She said, "oh yes baby i felt you!"  OMG

That is what i mean.  Intimate.  And yet - delicate.  We may be divided by miles and space when we are all apart.  Free from guilt.  Free from the neediness that gets mixed up in peoples minds sometimes when it comes to love.

But we know that with a thought - that person is there - in your mind, right there beside you, in you, with you, as you (even if you are separated by miles and physical) - reminding you of the love you are and the love they are.  And THAT is a beautiful thing.

No comments: