Wednesday, July 08, 2015

What have you done for yourself lately?

I'm reminded today of a book by Don Miguel Ruiz "The Four Agreements".  The book and the agreements have been on my mind recently because a friend of mine gave a series of talks with each of the agreements as one of the topics.

  • Be impeccable with your word
  • Don't take anything personally
  • Do not make assumptions
  • Always do your best


Wise words to live by.  

I've been having ample opportunities to test my convictions.  My life has had quite a few ups and downs recently.  I feel as if I've taken several leaps backwards instead of forward.  Even with all of this I know that my life is Good and that i live in Heaven.

I must remember that no matter what someone else thinks of me, their opinion of ME does not matter.  Only my opinion of me matters.  And i'd better not be a bully to myself.  No matter what they say to me, I'm not to take it personally.

Some days it is all i can do to put one foot in front of the other.  And i'm thrilled that i made it through another day.  Sometimes that is my best.  Other days i hop and skip through the day.  And that is my best.

When others are doing their thing, and not what i want to do, perhaps they aren't available to me for whatever reason - i must remember to not make assumptions.  Because they too are doing the best they can and perhaps that day - it means dealing with their own "stuff" and not yours and everyone else's.

And last but not least - pay attention to the words that are coming out of my mouth.  Just because i'm upset or depressed about something doesn't mean that i should take it out on someone else.  Always be impeccable with your word.  Even the words inside my head as i talk to myself.

Remember that as we walk through this life together - we are all One.  What you do does affect everyone else in the web (of life).   What happens to one person in your tribe - affects everyone in your tribe.

Do whatever it is you need to do - to recharge your batteries.  Make the changes that you know that you need to make.  While it may be difficult to make these changes (changes usually are difficult) - they are probably for the best of you.  Take care of yourself.  Meditate.  Pray.  Laugh.  Eat the foods that vibrate health.  Exercise your body, mind and spirit.  Take a walk.  Drink water.  Eat green.  Read only that book that promotes you and your higher self.  Watch a movie that makes you laugh.   Journal.  Change your associations.  Change jobs.  Move.  Find a Spiritual Community that speaks to you.  Hug someone.  Hug a tree.  Hug yourself.  Ground yourself with the earth, daily.  Take a class.  Have some mind blowing sex.   Snuggle.  Take a deep breath and breathe in the life force around you.  Go to the hairdresser.  Get a massage.  Talk to a friend.  Call them.  Go see them.  Spend time with your pets.  Get a manicure.  Go hiking.  Climb a hill.  Climb a mountain.  Clean out your house.  Get rid of that baggage you carry around.  Spend time with your family.  Kiss someone.  Spend time with your friends.  Make new friends.  Figure out what makes you happy right now and do that.  Change your mind if need be. 

Whatever you need to do - to make your life better - you are the only one that can do it.  So like Nike says, Just Do It!  Begin today.  

In other words - what have you done for yourself lately?

No comments: