Monday, August 10, 2015

Stop and smell the roses

Or dandelions.  Whatever you have growing in your garden.  Stop and admire the weeds.

Ha!  Time has a way of escaping really fast if you don't pay attention.

I have a tendency to get so wrapped up in all of the "mess" and "stuff" that i'm doing that i forget about me.

To remind me of me - this is really sad - but i got an app.  Haha oh my goodness that makes me giggle.  This app has a little gong that sounds randomly through out the day to remind me to take a breath and be in the moment.  Just take a breath.

This really makes me laugh to think that i need a gong app to remind me to breathe.

However.  Do whatever it takes.  A rubber band on the wrist.  Ouch.  A note taped to the computer screen.  A picture hanging on the wall.  A big alarm clock.  Whatever it takes to wake your rear end up to remind you to breathe.  And take care of yourself.

Because if you don't take care of yourself - no one else will.

Someone said to me - i can't remember the exact words - but it was something like this.  We need to cherish ourselves as much as we cherish others.  Perhaps then, we'll take care of ourselves without having to be reminded.

Until then, i've got my app.  Now if i can just remember to turn it on.

No comments: